Pages

Wednesday, September 12

One Year

Its been a year since the papers came in the post declaring my divorce. That was a good day for me. It was the day I became a civilian, an individual. It was the day I officially became a single mum & not just regularly practiced the roll because of deployments or an uninvolved father. It was the day I began my new adventure creating a life for my boys & myself.

Over the past year I have made some very good progress on the path I am now traveling. The boys & I moved "home" where we could be close to family. To Q-tip family has always been who we visited on holiday but now they are a part of our daily lives. Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & cousins are people we see regularly not just in photos or on the computer. The boys have done well with the school transition and although Q-tip has had some difficulties they are, for him, nothing out of the norm. Animal continues to amaze me with his abilities and progress. Together they are very happy and healthy little boys. I personally have finished all my pre-requisites for my lab tech program and am on schedule to start this Spring. I will be starting Pre-Calculus in just over a week to fill my time and check another class off my program list.

I have a very strict budget that has allowed us to still have fun and enjoy our new surroundings. A current favorite for all is biking. Last weekend we loaded up the bikes and headed to the Puyallup river trail. This was Animals first ride without training wheels so he spent the hour getting accustomed to the weight of his bike and mastering his balance. I am very certain he will be zooming by us training wheel free in no time at all.

I am determined to make positive changes in my life and to learn from my past. I find it very interesting to see the direction J has taken over the past year. We have definitely set different goals for our futures, his includes another lil person next May. I personally could not make such a decision but to each their own. I have decided to take a much slower progression in my relationship with Metalman. I want nothing more than to enjoy our time together and learn to combine our lives slowly. I come with two little boys that have thoughts and feelings. They need time to adjust to another person in our lives, as well as Metalman who has to get accustomed to us. I have no doubt this is a good thing. I am confident in taking things more slowly. We are all growing together into a much calmer, healthier and happier life.

Sadly over the past year I have gained back the weight I lost in Las Vegas so I am starting that journey anew. No worries, I realize I have been through a lot the past year and am not going to beat myself up over it. I am currently walking daily after I take the boys to school. Js little sister is my workout buddy Monday through Thursday and Metalman on Fridays. I am going slow initially and enjoying the nice weather we are still having because I know that when the weather changes I can push myself in the gym. I also want to help my buddies without discouraging them or pushing them so that they no longer want to join me. I haven't had workout buddies for a long time and rather enjoy the company.

So, one year down and many more to come filled with progress, happiness and amazing memories. Life IS good!

No comments:

Post a Comment