Pages

Thursday, May 20

You're My Best Friend

Outside of your romantic life, do you currently have a best friend?

This question is interesting to me because as a child there were a few times that I think I had a "best friend". That one person I said and did everything with. As Ive gotten older Ive found that there are a few friends that I go to for everything, not just one. These are not people I have known since I was young, most of these are friends Ive met since having children. They're more likely to be military simply because they can relate to me the most. I still have friends from before children and marriage but I'm not sure they know who I am now or that I know who they are completely. We all change a bit with marriage and motherhood. Even though our lives are not that much different there is still a gap. The connection with these friends is still there but it seems to be on the past and not so much on the present.

My "best" friends (as I can not choose just one) I find it hard to go a week without talking to (phone, email, blogs, FB...must make contact!). The bond I have with them is priceless. They are the first ones I would trust with my children, probably because they know my children the most. They are part of our family. They know me for who I am now but can easily see how I got here. They did not need to walk down the path with me. Interesting enough few, if any did. They accept me for the realist that I am. Thank goodness for that! They know, have seen, and even endured my emotional states. That in itself is amazing. Oh and best of all they accept J and the boys for who they are. We are quite the interesting bunch. There is so much more I can say about them but ultimately I guess the only thing to say is Thank You.

I hope that Q-tip and Animal can surround themselves with people that love them for who they are. Accept all the things that make them who they are. Love them as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree 100%. You hsve been one of the best friends I have made as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This got me teary eyed! You know that I consider you a BFFL!!! :-) It is amazing how time pulls you from friends you once thought would be there always, and you make friends that "get" you and are always there for you along the way.

    LOVE YOU STEPH!

    ReplyDelete