Pages

Friday, August 27

Rain

It rained recently. Not for long mind you but long enough for me to take a couple pictures and this video. I turned off the A/C and opened the doors downstairs. I was hoping for that fresh rain smell. Sadly when it rains in Las Vegas it is not exactly the smell you want to bottle and sell to the masses. J calls it "ozone". It pretty much smells like dirt. I still was happy with that "fresh dirt" smell and the cool breeze that came with it. Okay so it was still in the 80 but it was cooler than the 100+ it has been. And just for the record, I don't think Ive seen rain since January! I was pretty excited.





3 comments:

  1. Although not much rain, that was sure heavy rain!!! Crazy! At least you got some! I'm still laughing about the dirty Vegas rain smell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny that the rain is so rare that you need to video it! Too funny! It has been raining here off and on for a few weeks now. AT least your plants got some fresh rain water! Did the boys get to play in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously learn to appreciate and enjoy the rain so much more in the desert! We had a crazy monsoon today in Tucson!

    ReplyDelete