Pages

Monday, February 22

Hard Rock

A few weeks ago an old friend was on a road trip with his two little ones. One of his stops was Las Vegas. I was so happy when he called and we were able to make dinner plans. I can not put into words how wonderful it was to see the three of them. This was my first time seeing Kenny as a father. I was beyond impressed at what a great father he is. This also made the loss of Katie a lot more solid for me (Ive known Katie and Kenny since I was 17).

Kenny has been through so much over the past 8 months. He is such a strong man and I am proud to call him a friend. His wife, Katie, passed away from H1N1 complications August of last year. Katie never knew she gave birth to baby Abbey. Abbey was a sweet and beautiful baby girl. Sadly Abbey too has passed away but I know she will be very happy with her mum. I am comforted by the thought of Katie finally being able to hold her sweet baby in her arms. I am also comforted at the thought of two of the most beautiful angels keeping watch over Kenny and Jacob.

We were so lucky to have the time with her we did. I am so thankful for the road trip that Kenny took that included a stop in Las Vegas.






3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with the three of them...and I'm so sorry for the loss. There are never enough words for the sorrow of a loss like this. I hope he is able to go on for Jacob. That little man needs him more than he knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading the comments on the article...bad idea...too many tears...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you and Kenny and everyone who has been touched by this story.I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete