Pages

Monday, September 19

Single Mum

Today is the first day of the rest of my life! The divorce is final and I am officially a single mum. Over the years I have painted quite a picture that has resulted in some being shocked by this new revelation but lets face it more often than not I was already living that status. And that has very little to do with our military family status. I loved our military life and the privileges it gave us. The adventures and experiences were completely worth it. That said, being a parent is a tough job and maybe more than some can handle. I am more than willing to step up to the plate, always have been. Bring it!

I plan on going back to school to become a laboratory technician and gain a career that I will love and enjoy. This is a dream I have had since I was in high school. I am looking forward to the education, challenge and opportunity to be exactly what I have wanted. After 11 years of marriage I am ready to go for my dreams, reach the goals that I had set before I took a different path. I am taking my path now, the one I left for another.

The boys and I will no longer be living in Nevada, which is very bitter sweet. We will miss the friends we have made, the ones that have become family and the family that we have grown to love. These relationships will not be lost. We plan to stay in contact as much as possible and lets face it, we will only be a day and a half away. Y'all like green and water right...ditch that desert and come to the greener side!

Lift up a glass with me and relish in the adventures ahead. CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment