Pages

Tuesday, October 11

Ducks In A Row

We are here, we are here! The boys last day of school in Las Vegas was Friday. While they were getting educated and saying goodbye to their teachers and friends my brother, brother-in-law, sister and Maya were loading all of our things into a 16 foot trailer. We took up that whole trailer. Yes, I brought enough things for our apartment that (fingers crossed) will be available the end of this week/early next week. The location is great. Plus it has a fitness room. Oh how I am looking forward to working out on a regular basis again. I need routine and structure. I am a little tired of living out of suitcases, its been 3 freaking months!

The drive here was good. We left around 2 or so Friday afternoon and drove for 10 hours. That was a long drive considering my brother and I (the only drivers) were up by 5 am that morning. We took a sleep break for about 4 hours but I'm pretty certain the max sleep any of us got was 2.5 hours. It was cold. There were no rooms available where we stopped so we slept in our vehicles. BRRRR! We hit a ton of fog and curvy roads the following morning and saw very little sunshine. That is until we got here. The sun was shining the whole time the trailer was being unloaded. Bloody brilliant.

Sunday was spent seeing family that my siblings hadn't seen in 19 years. It was a lot of fun. Ive missed my family as crazy as they may be. They all had an influence in who I am and I am quite proud of who I am. I am happy with the choices I have made and am making. This is an amazing adventure! Its definitely a process though.

Besides getting everything ready for my apartment yesterday I also started the enrollment process for the boys  to go to school. The school I had wanted them to attend has no kindergarten slots. This kinda bites. That said the school the boys will be going to is still rather close. When the admin told me that there was only one school in the whole district that had a few kindergarten slots my mouth dropped. I have never heard of such things. I just assumed that when you are zoned for a school that you are going to go there. Obviously that is NOT the case. All in all I think it will work out just fine. Next year I can transfer them to the school of our choice.

Today I have more things to work on. The list is quite large but I know that when it is all said and done I am going to be VERY happy. Heck I'm already walking around with the cheesiest grin. I'm here, I'M HERE! Life is good. Things are falling into place and we will be settled soon. Now that's freaking awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that you're blogging again! What a difficult, yet exciting time in your lives. This will be good to look back on, especially for the boys.

    I can't wait to see pics of YOUR apartment!!!

    ReplyDelete