This past week the boys Dad got engaged. My reaction to that was not what most expected...I was actually overjoyed! Before I get the eye roll here are my main points for this reasoning:
- I actually like the girl, she's sweet (young and naive but we all were at that age)
- The girl treats my boys well and this makes me a very happy mummy
- If she is happy, J is happy and if they are happy then the boys will be treated well aka happy
- Again with the "every one's happy statement"...I made the assumption that the boys would have an amazing summer with their Dad and future step-mum playing "happy family" for 8 weeks
I also became concerned with the boys reactions to the news. The time line of changes has been extensive over the past few months! For the fun of it I'm gonna completely break it down for y'all...because this amuses me and its my blog!
- Divorced 12 September
- J officially starts dating "the babysitter" only a few days later
- Moved here the beginning of October
- End of October J visits the boys here for the first time
- Mid November I start dating Metalman
- End November J leaves for Afghanistan for 4 months
- Mid April J visits boys for the second time and brings his "girlfriend"...no longer "the babysitter"
- Mid May J gets engaged to be married this summer
All that said I am not having any luck in the summer job department. I filled out quite a few online applications (what a crock that is) and will continue to do so. If I don't have a job this summer I will have to find other things to occupy my time...reading, exercise, painting Metalman's house...oh I don't know. What does one do for 2 months without their little people around?! I might pick up a few math books at the library to refresh myself before I take pre-calculus in the fall. That should be all kinds of fun...
Random but totally worth bringing up...cooking. Ive had a love hate relationship with cooking for years. I go through phases of wanting to do it and doing it purely out of obligation. Becoming a single mum with a strict budget has made cooking at home a matter of necessity but lucky for me Metalman is awesome in the kitchen. He helps me cook any meal and brings some major enthusiasm and creativity to the table (haha I'm so funny, get it "to the table"). He also does a lot of the tasks I am not much of a fan of ie. grating cheese and cutting. He has some great ideas and at times has been my personal google. And lets not forget he can bust out a rockin homemade tuna casserole.
The man is addicted to Slap Ya Mama seasoning and will "put that sh*t on everything"! We recently purchased the Slap Ya Mama pepper sauce and used it last night to make a shake and bake pork chop. YES! I'm going to post what we did here so that we can refer back to it. We have made other dishes that were to die for but when we attempted to replicate them we didn't even come close. That is so frustrating! So here it is...
We crushed bread crumbs and added Slap Ya Mama seasoning, salt, pepper, Tony's, dried onions, garlic salt and flour. Slap Ya Mama pepper sauce was put in the egg bath before breading the pork chops 2x. Then we baked them with some stuffing on top. So simple and so good! Metalman learned how to make homemade shake and bake plus the chops were delicious. Win, win baby.
Hmm is it just me or is this blog starting to get back to normal? Interesting.