Pages

Monday, June 18

Last Weekend

I just spent my last weekend with the boys before they leave for summer in Las Vegas. It was extremely bitter sweet. I felt torn on how to spend the time with them. I felt like I didn’t want to make a big deal out of the fact it was our last weekend together before they leave but I also didn’t want it to just go by. Lucky for me Metalman was awesome about coming up with things to do and not letting me drag my feet in a cloud of depression and pity me.

Friday was Animals kindergarten graduation and program. He was so adorable. Singing his songs and doing all the hand signals. I am very proud of him! He is definitely ready for first grade. I can not believe how well he is reading. Level 1 books are a breeze and level 2 give him almost no challenge. Even chapter books are easy enough although there are a few words he will get stumped on. For instance mustache, but that’s just a weird word that at 5 should be stumping. I hope that he has the time and encouragement this summer to continue to practice as well as get some writing in. He is a bit slower at this but has the ambition and ability to do well. Q-tip is a challenge in reading and writing but also has the ability, maybe not the ambition, to do very well too.

Saturday I picked up our first bountiful basket since we moved here. Very cool. I am going to continue to order them as the price is great and the produce is fresh and tasty. This week I got a spaghetti squash which I have never nor probably would have taken the time to purchase on my own so I’m kind of excited to make a dish with it. I found a recipe this morning I ran by Metalman that we are going to try. He wanted to add some meat so I’m thinking maybe sausage.

Saturday afternoon I took the kids out to visit with my cousin and her kids at “the compound“. They spent the whole time jumping on the trampoline and having a blast. It was extremely muggy but they didn’t seem affected at all. We met up with Metalman in the evening for some bowling. The boys loved that. They did really well. Its been a while since we all went bowling. I’d say our skill levels were all about the same. I’m sure that had a lot to do with the bumpers, without them Metalman and I might not have made it over 30 points. It was after 9 by the time we got home so we all put on our pjs and watched some TV. Scratch that, Animal was passed out rather quickly so it was just Q-tip watching Cars with us.

Sunday started off slow and simple with the boys enjoying some video game time. Than a somewhat late breakfast of French toast. In the afternoon we went to the movies to watch Madagascar 3 and then dinner. The boys chose the movie and restaurant. I was happy they agreed on dinner; Mexican. Q-tip ate a quesadilla which would normally be Animals choice. I guess they switched because Animal got a soft taco. I enjoyed an awesome jalapeño margarita. Yum!

I’m trying to keep the time away from the boys in perspective. It will be good for all of us. They will have time to spend with their Dad and soon to be Step-Mum. I will have time to spend with Metalman. Its going to be so quiet and probably really lonely at times but they will be back before I know it. Right?! We only have 2 more days! I haven’t started packing them up, I guess I’m procrastinating. It will be real then and I’m trying to hold off on that reality as long as possible. I prepared some by adding a few vitamins into my regime to help with mood and energy. On this note I say bring on the bike rides and hiking. I want to explore this summer and when the weathers not so great I plan on cuddling up with a book and getting my read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment